Friday, October 10, 2008

Products: Worth the $$?

I love new products that make my life easier, prettier or more fun. But - since I'm not paid to review products, I don't want to spend $$ on things that don't work! Here's some products I'm interested in, but have my doubts on if they work like they're claimed to. Give me your thumbs up or down based on your experiences at janna_stanford@yahoo.com (the blog comments feature doesn't work very well), and I'll publish the reviews in the next couple weeks. Have a product you want reviewed? Send it to me and I'll add it to the next list.

Debbie Meyer Green Bags
What they say: Put fruit and veggies in these reusable bags and they’ll stay fresh longer in the fridge. A.K.A. Fewer weird molds and slimy produce. http://www.greenbags.com/

Dryer balls
What they say: These plastic, nubby balls will reduce drying time and soften fabric without fabric softeners. A.K.A. Fewer dryer sheets to buy and throw away. http://www.gaiam.com/product/id/1007056.do?GCID=C18376x003&keyword=06-0598

Pedi-egg
What they say: Removes calluses and dead skin collects skin shavings in a storage compartment for no mess. A.K.A. Baby-soft feet for my snag-able fuzzy slippers!
http://www.pedegg.com/sssindex.html?directLoad&uid=52CAF8BF20798CA080CDAC28F30F21EF

Aquafresh Whitening Trays
What they say: Whitening at home without the goopy strips or brush-on pastes that take all night to work. Also supposed to not make your teeth as sensitive as the strips. A.K.A. A brighter, whiter smile, of course! With teeth that don’t retreat into my gums when I drink something cold.
http://www.aquafresh.com/whitetrays/default.aspx

Downy Wrinkle Releaser
What they say: Spray it on clothes, tug and smooth out the wrinkles and hang dry. Keeps casual clothes and dry-clean onlies wrinkle-free and fresh without ironing. A.K.A. No wrinkles on previously-worn clothes that aren’t dirty. No hot iron with a 2-year old interested in ‘helping’.
http://www.downy.com/en_US/products/wrinklereleaser.jsp

Insulated Grocery Bags
What they say: Insulated bags keep food and beverages hot or cold, or frozen for 3 hours.
A.K.A. Homemade ice cream portable out of Columbus. The grocery store doesn’t have to be the last errand on the list.
https://www.kaesu.com/yourbaglady.com/insulated_bags/index.php