Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Motivated, but lacks skills

I went through some management training not long ago where we had alot of discussions about what's needed for an employee to be successful at their job. Some would say it's a 3-legged stool of resources, skills and motivation. And I thought of a few things that I'm super-motivated about, because they're all important to me in different ways, but I just don't have the resources or skills to be successful at.
1 - Wash and dry towels so they are fluffy. Do I need new towels or different fabric softener? Any recommendations would be appreciated - I love fluffy towels and my towel warmer makes them sooo nice in the winter!
2 - Make rice krispie treats so that the chocolate layer doesn't fall off when you cut them.
3 - Remember birthdays in time to acknowledge them. Happy September/ October B-day Mike, Jacque, Aurelia, Jim & Bella!
4 - Get a good blowdry on the top/ back of my hair. My arms just don't bend that way. (But - found a new product that is compensating...Schwarzkopf Osis Dust It is a miracle powder!) Maybe it is about the resources compensating for the skill!