Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Christmas Survey

Stealing Julie's idea of sharing this on the blog instead of email. Here's the cliffs notes version of my thoughts on the holidays!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper... I love wrapping! I stock up after Christmas each year on ribbon and bows so I'm set for the next year. Found a new way to wrap that makes a little pocket for a card - excited to try that out.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real.

3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Years day. Last year, the tree didn't suck up any water for about 10 days before we took it down. It was dry as a bone, but didn't drop any needles, so we left it up!

5. Do you like eggnog? no way

6. Favorite gift received as a child? trips to FL to visit Gma and Pa

7. Hardest person to buy for? Robbie

8. Easiest person to buy for? Julie

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes - made from the old porteus barn

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Don't think I've ever had a bad gift! Some peculiar ones, definitely - but they found a home eventually. :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Tie: Charlie Brown Christmas and Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Dabble all year long, get most of it done the 1st week of Dec. when I'm on vacation!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but not giving those secrets away!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Buckeyes and pecan tassies

16. Lights on the tree? Lots of white ones. (I put them on with big, elbow-length dishwashing gloves so I don't get a rash from the needles - makes a great look with my fuzzy socks and Jeff's old hooded sweatshirt!)

17. Favorite Christmas song? Most of them, but Little Drummer Boy gets old by Dec. 25.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel - my house can stay a wreck! But like to have some decompress time at home too.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yepper

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither - big 'ol bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Two things: Rude people who need slow down and take time to enjoy the season! And trying to make time to spend with everyone - family dynamics make each year a new challenge. Inevitably someone's feelings get hurt, but in the end, we always get to spend good, fun time together and that's what matters.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We do mostly red & silver, but most of the red ornaments hung below the 3' high line on the tree got broken last year. (A ball's a ball to a 18 month old!) So we might have a hodge-podge this year.

24. Favorite place for Christmas dinner? With family.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For people around me to be honest, forthcoming and positive - and for the confidence to do the same back to them! (Plus some jewelry, new slippers, buckeyes....) And for people to be as excited about the gifts they get as I am to give them! I love Christmas secrets!