Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Something's gotta give

I think it's been a month since I posted last, and I owe an update on what's up!

1. The Past: Just completed my 12 -week tenure at work as 1/2 time (ha!) at my regular Corp Communications job and 1/2 time (ha!) covering for the marketing manager of one of our divisions who was on maternity leave. It was great - I loved the marketing work. And learned alot by working with a different team than my normal group. But, as you know my my month-long hiatus, something has to give when you're working WAY more hours than usual.

2. Today: Spending the day purging files from work. There was a pile of work done while I was on maternity leave with Carson. I haven't touched the pile - so the whole thing went into the dumpster and I have a new space for a lovely plant on my desk! It's freeing to toss all this old stuff. Now, if I'd just get motivated to do it at home too!

3. Tonight: Christmas eve... yeah!!! Jeff, Carson & I are opening our presents from each other tonight, since we'll be on the road early in the morning. It feels naughty to open on Christmas eve, but will make a quick getaway easier tomorrow for all. :) Santa has soooo many stops tonight. We told him that he could send an elf to deliver our gifts today during naptime. :)

4. Looking forward: I love Christmas time - mostly the anticipation, the 'project-ness' of it all (which is right up my alley... checking off lists is my favorite past-time!), the homecoming feel and the magical atmosphere. It just makes me joyful. I'm excited to see all my family over the next few days, and revel in the surprises, the laughter and the contentedness that this season brings.

4b. I have lots of fun pictures to share - will post those over the next few weeks.

Merry Christmas to all!