Had a fun weekend... all around getting Carson's room redone! Friday night spent cleaning out the spare bedroom, which Carson calls his 'happy room' - we have no idea why. It's basically overflow storage - old TV, luggage, clothes, piles of stuff for the garage sale. It will make me happy when it's cleaned out completely!
Saturday we went to Ikea near Cincinnati. Fun place! But man, it was crowded! Jeff said it was like DisneyWorld, but without the fun stuff to do. :) Mission was to get Carson's new big boy bed, and check out some things I wanted to 'really see' that were in the Ikea catalog. Mission accomplished - and bonus for the boys, one of the Cincinnati Bengals players was there signing autographs. He has a long name that I can say, but can't spell so you'll have to ask Jeff about him.
Sat. night took the crib down :( and got the bed put together. Carson was SOOO excited about his new bed. He looks so little in it! I'll try to get pics up soon. Sunday after breakfast he said "I'm going to go lay in my new bed" and took his 'guys' upstairs. I guess it was the first time he wanted to go somewhere else and not hang out with us! Weird feeling. When I went up to check on him later (seemed like an hour, was probably more like 20 minutes), he was just laying in his bed reading a book to his guys with the bedroom door closed. I love that he feels like his room is a place to 'retreat' to - good thing it's nice outside and we can entice him out, or he'd stay up there all day!
Sunday we got some things hung up on the Carson's wall and I made some mental lists about other things to do - new closet curtain and storage boxes, window valance, blanket/ quilt... it's never done! Got to see Ron & Katie and Mom & Tom and play outside for a while with the neighbors too. Carson loves hitting golf balls around the yard - pics to come on that soon. And I was itching to get the flower beds cleaned up! Maybe this week...
Yeah for springtime!