Had an unusually good Monday night last night and wanted to share a few good things (as Martha would say!):
Carson was talking to himself in a mirror, which of course, I egged on because it cracked me up. After his conversation with himself, "Hi, my name is Carson!", which included making faces (Julie would be proud!), he started walking away, but then turned his head to watch himself walk away in the mirror. He runs back up to the mirror and says, "You go that way (points into the mirror), I go this way (points behind himself). Ok? Bye!" And was pleased as punch when the little boy in the mirror did what Carson told him to. :)
Talked to Robbie on the phone for a few minutes, which is always nice. Uncle Robbie was treated to some songs by Carson, which I'm pretty sure Robbie probably couldn't understand, but laughed anyway. Then Carson laughed at Robbie laughing - it was a great moment.
Tried a new, quick recipe too. Something different - would be so good in the summer with grilled chicken. And I'd think it would be pretty good for you - EVOO, veggies, whole grains.
Cous cous with sauteed cherry tomatoes
Bring 1 can (14 oz) of chicken broth to boil. Remove from heat, add one box of plain (or garlic) cous cous and cover for 5 min or until liquid is absorbed.
Roast 1/2 cup walnuts. Heat 1 T. EVOO in a saute pan. When warm, saute 2 cloves of garlic (or 1 t. of the jarred, minced stuff), 2 cups of cherry tomatos cut in 1/2, 1/2 cup of torn baby spinach leaves and the walnuts until the tomatoes are just softened.
Fluff cous cous with a fork and dump into serving dish. Top with the tomato sautee and toss gently. Eat!
My notes: I also heated up some frozen chicken breast strips and tossed those in too. Next time, I'd use way more tomatoes and spinach. The garlic & walnuts were soooo good on the veggies - I'd want more of the 'good stuff' with the cous cous as filler, instead of the other way around. Took about 10 minutes to make - I had the walnuts roasting while the broth was boiling and the saute pan heating. Had 3 dirty pans, but easy clean-up!