Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend

Four things from this weekend:
1 - Warm-ish weather got me spring cleaning (or at least wanting to spring clean!) and reminded me that I love it when my house smells like murphy's oil soap, fixtures & floors are shiny and the windows are open. And it can't be just one of the 3...has to be all of them at the same time.

2- Took care of some 'little cats': found my black shoes (in my car, since I've been changing from warm boots to cute shoes once I get to work and they evidently didn't carry themselves back into the house like they were supposed to!), cleaned out the pesky hair dryer and bonus - rings and hairbrushes!

3- Saw Spring Awakening at the Palace Theater last night. It was a provocative story (some nakedness) with a simple set and small cast, and although it wasn't a feel-good kind of show, I really liked the music - modern, rock-ish (Duncan Sheik wrote it). However, none of the songs stuck in our heads. Jeff spent the night singing Edward, the Tapdancing Elephant instead.

4- Reminded myself that we need to get Carson on video "reading". He (and I) have several books memorized and it's funny to hear him tell the story the way he remembers it. And, of course, capture forever the funny things he says, like the buckeye nuts in his OSU book that he calls "go buckeye peanuts".

Have a good week!