Friday, February 6, 2009

Herding cats

Been in a mental hurricane this week. All the to-do’s and what-ifs and hows are all running around my brain at the same time and I can’t get them to slow down long enough to tackle one. It’s like that commercial where the cowboys are trying to herd cats. I need a few more cowboys and few less cats, otherwise some of these cats are going fall off a cliff!

“Big cats”:
- how to spend time on all the things I want to (Jeff, Carson, friends, family, working out, reading, work, volunteering)
- how to raise a confident yet humble, independent yet kind, spiritual yet open-minded (oh yeah, and potty trained!) kid
- if a new job opportunity comes up, do I take it?

“Little cats”:
- needing to clean the vent on the back of my hair dryer, which I only notice in the morning and don’t have time to clean then
- remembering to put the Christmas decorations on my porch away
- finding the black shoes that have disappeared this week (tried walking backward through my mind, but no luck)

Hopefully a weekend with time to tackle several of these will bring some calm. Carson & Jeff had better beware… I’ve got a list and I’m on a mission!