Wednesday, January 7, 2009

List for 2009

I love the start of the new year - gives me an excuse to list all the things I want to get done! There's always the resolutions to work out more, eat better, balance work and home, give back to the community, yadda yadda. But I'm taking a different approach to goals this year - specific things that will make me all-around less stressed and feeling better.

My goals for 2009, in no particular order:
1. Read one book this year like I did when I was 12 – letting myself get immersed in it and disregarding all the other things I ‘should’ be doing. (Idea from this article: I Wish I Could Read Like a Girl)
2. Drink more water. 2 reasons: 1) it’s good for me and 2) it makes me get off my duff and take a walk at least around the hall a few more times a day - also good for me.

3. Sit up straight at work.
4. Keep clean, folded laundry from living in baskets on bedroom floors.
5. Take the stairs unless I’m wearing the no-stairs combo: pants with a cuff and heels.

6. Connect with family and friends more often about daily happenings and ‘little stuff’. Facebook and emails count. Online “best part/ worst part of the day” conversations also count.
6a. Set up a page on Facebook.

7. Organize photos – both digital and prints. (Anyone have recommendations on good software for organizing digital photos, like iPhoto or Picasa?)

8. Complete a will and living will (Jeff and I both).

Here's to a great 2009!